Thursday 5 April 2012

Some of February's Homeschooling




February was very eventful. Not because we had a busy and exciting school month but because my forth baby was born. We are all falling in love with her. Many new things are being learned as we get used to a little baby around. School is going well and we all took  a field trip to the Fire hall when she was only 10 days old.

One of the books I recommend is Listen, Read, and Learn with Classic Stories. Books from Kindergarten to grade 4 are available... I ordered them through Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Listen-Learn-Classic-Stories-Grade/dp/0769683525. The activities in these books has the child working on essential reading comprehension skills. In the picture my daughter is doing a Goldilocks and the Three Bears puppet show cut out from the Kindergarten book. We are not even at the end of the year and she has completed the book as she finds the activities so much fun. My son enjoys retelling the stories with his own twist and involving many of his other toys. He can get his sisters laughing more easily that way.




Our favorite produce store has mini shopping carts for children. My kids love gathering groceries with me but this month they drew their own grocery lists. This develops confidence, encourages healthy choices, and has me buying double or triple of items that all three of them wanted to draw. They found the food, bagged it, and brought their purchases to the counter.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the shopping cart/grocery list adventure. I love the small grocery store out here, but wish they had little carts. Maybe I can do the same thing, but instead with the carrying baskets.

    ReplyDelete