Tuesday 17 April 2012

Crafts and Art

A Pinterest inspired craft

I found a blue wooden frame at the thrift store. We painted it white and then pink. Google ballerina silhouettes and printed it off. I then cut out the silhouette and attached it to the center of this craft paper I had and cut out the shape again. I bought several bags of buttons from the thrift store for only .50 cents a bag, sorted them according to color and pulled colors from the print. My 5 year old daughter and I hot glue gunned the buttons. I used the gun and she stuck them on 

This other craft is also inspired by pinterest. I wanted to make a chalkboard from a frame found from a thrift store (not finished yet). I couldn't get into a painting craft of my own without getting the kids busy painting as well. Pulling out a large tarp and water paints for the kids, on a nice day, is a great way to tackle your own project without to many interruptions.


Let nature inspire your growing artists.


No comments:

Post a Comment