Tuesday 17 April 2012

My favorite Chocolate chip Banana Bread Recipe

I have tried many different banana bread recipes and this is my favorite. 


http://bestbananabreadrecipes.com/banana_bread_chocolate_chip_recipe.html

I find using a little bit less of the suggested chocolate chip best. I am sure my kids would disagree and vote the more the better. 

I have 2 baking suggestions to save you time and work.
(1) Never make only one batch of any cookies or bread. I had 12 bananas over ripe and made 6 loaves at once. It helps that I have a stainless steel bowl almost as big as a sink. Then freeze them wrapped in saran wrap and put into a freezer bag.

(2) Always get your children to help as much as they can. All the hard work of mashing 12 bananas got passed on to children who were glad to get messy. Get them to measure and do all of the stirring.

All I had to do was bring out the ingredients, offer some directions, pour into loaf pans and put it in the oven. 




Of course I am left with most of the cleaning but depending on your child's age you could get them to wipe the table and counter, load the dishwasher or even hand wash a couple of items.






No comments:

Post a Comment